Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mission.Possible.

My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."  ~Psalm 27:8

I packed up my life and moved to Nashville, Tennessee.
Some things have turned out great..and some things didn't exactly turn out as I expected.
But, then I am reminded that my life is in your hands, not my own.
Here I am..out of my comfort. I miss home. I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss my favorite coffee shops. I miss my favorite quiet places I would meet with you.
I have cried out to you in my loneliness.
Is this of you, Lord?
I am overwhelmed. Heavy with burdens. My heart is grieving. I feel lost..abandoned. I need you.
You knew I would be hurting. You know my fears and anxieties.
I see how you have comforted me with your word. With your people.
Thank you. I love you.
You set out to give us a hope and a future, not to harm us.
We don't always understand your ways, but we trust that you will always use our circumstances for good.
I feel a sense of peace that I am still supposed to be here.
I embrace the unknown. What do you want to show me? What do you want to teach me?
Take me on mission with you.
Visit orphans in their distress..
You have commanded us to do this.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." ~James 1:27

I want to obey your commands.
Equip me mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Lead me. Guide me. Teach me. Love me.
Lord, I trust you can use my grief on the mission field in a powerful way.
We are spiritual orphans if we don't have you.
Help us to share love and hope to the broken.
Your Word promises that you will never leave or forsake Your children.
Broken hearts need healing only you can provide.
Compassion. Listening. Love. Comfort. Encouragement. Blessings.
This will restore joy & hope to our souls.
I desire a pure heart, Lord.
A heart that yearns for you. A heart that honors you with my thoughts, my actions and my words.
Love is not our duty, it is a destiny.
You give us a choice.
Will we choose to serve you? To obey you? To put you ahead of everything else? To pursue you?
Use me to lead others to you - to go and make disciples, in your name.
Reveal your calling on our lives.
This passion for missions..for working for your Kingdom..for reaching the lost..for Africa..
These have filled my heart, mind and thoughts.
For this I know is a calling on my life and I desire to pursue it wholeheartedly!
This mission is possible, for with You, anything is possible!

I love you, Lord.
Your beloved daughter,
Brenda



No comments:

Post a Comment